Printing to a specific scale (ie. 1/4 scale)

I need to print my model in 1/4 scale. How do I do that.

Are you still using SketchUp 2015 Make as indicated in your profile?

If that’s the case, set up a Parallel Projection view of the model with the appropriate standard view and use Zoom Extents to file the model window with the model. Create a scene for that view. Then in the Print Preview or Print panel untick the boxes for Fit to Page and Use Model Extents. Set the scale so 1/4 in in the Printout equals 12 inches in SketchUp.

The Page size fields will show the paper size as a single sheet and the Tiled Sheet Print Range will show the number of sheets required based on the paper size in your printer.

I don’t remember if 2015 Make offers the option to create scaled PDF output. If it does, you could generate a PDF file with the correct scale by setting the scale in Options. You still need to set up the scene as above.
Screenshot - 3_28_2022 , 3_58_53 PM

This would be easier and give you better results with LayOut but that requires SketchUp Pro.

Thank you very much for responding to my question!

image001.png

Everything worked OK until I got to the “Print Preview” then every thing went to “Waco in a wheelbarrow”! I am not able to change the “In the printout” and “In SketchUp” fields. Any thoughts on why I can not change these fields?

Dan Fletcher

danfletcher@mobilecowcamp.com

972-816-9699

From what little I can see in your screen shot, you didn’t select a standard elevation or plan view. And maybe not Parallel Projection but I can’t see that for sure.

If you share the .skp file I can show you how it sets up.

You should probably edit your last post and remove your e-mail and phone number. Otherwise that stuff will be harvested by bots and you’ll be getting calls to extend your vehicle’s warranty and offering enlargements.

Sorry for being so ignorant of Sketchup. I’m trying to learn but it’s tough sledding.

I have attached my drawing.

Thanks for you help.

Dan

image001.jpg

Canopy.skp (7.38 MB)

In the file you shared you have the camera set to Perspective so there’d be no option for scaled output.
Screenshot - 3_28_2022 , 5_30_33 PM

I’ve set the Camera to Parallel Projection and selected the Top standard view to create a plan view of the tent. Then in Print Previe, I did as I described, above.

I also created scenes for the end and side elevations. Here is the file with those scenes.
Canopy purged.skp (345.0 KB)

By the way, there’s a lot of unused stuff in the file. I purged it which reduced the file size by more than 95%.
Screenshot - 3_28_2022 , 5_37_48 PM

1 Like

Thank you very much for the help.

Dan Fletcher

1 Like