Printer Problem

Essentially, when I use file>print or any shortcut that should open any print-related dialog (print preview, print setup, or print) all I get is a message box asking to install a printer. The problem is that I have tried installing and setting up multiple different printers but upon attempting to reopen the print dialog, sketchup once again asks to install a printer before performing any print-related task, even printing to a .pdf or xml document. The ordinary print window just never shows up. Is there something I am doing wrong? Do I need some sort of special printer? Any leads are appreciated.

I use windows 10 and sketchup make 2017, though I encounter the same problem on a different windows 10 computer in SU 2014. I have tried various printers but none yield the solution.

Left-field idea…
Did you install SketchUp properly ?
Here’s the ‘fix’…

Close SketchUp.
Find the SketchUp installer’s exe file - probably in your Downloads folder…
Select its icon.
Right-click > Context-menu.
"Run as administrator"
When prompted choose “Repair”.
When it completes restart SketchUp.
Any improvement ?

Installing SketchUp in any other way - e.g. being an admin and double-clicking on the installer’s icon - is NOT the same as doing it as described above.

You might need to reinstall the printers again so SketchUp now sees them ??

Let us know what’s what…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.