Plugin - Housebuilder - Ruby Library?

I saw a video by Solarcabin on Youtube and he downloaded Housebuilder plug in.

When I went to Ruby Library Depot and downloaded.

I unzip the files and place them in the ifcplugin folder but it doesn’t work.

May I ask how to properly install the plug in?

And do you have a video for this type of plug in or other that you may recommend for a beginner student trying to sketch architectural drawings?

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Alex

Housebuilder is an old extension. There are metric and imperial versions that work in newer versions of SketchUp available here. I’m not sure where you got the idea to put the files into ifcplugin but that’s not how you install the extension. Download the appropriate one from the link, above, and then, in Window>Extension Manager, click on Install Extension. Navigate to where you saved the file, select it and click Open. You should find the toolbar under View>Toolbars but to make sure the extension loads fully, quit SketchUp andrestart it.

Keep in mind there are other, newer extensions for modeling framing if that’s what you are after.

The links are given in that post.

These both work with SketchUp 2019.

You can look through the Extension Warehouse and the SketchUcation Extension Store to find other extensions like those from Medeek.

1 Like

Those links on that page lead to the downloads for the two different versions of the Housebuilder extension. If they are not what you are looking for, I’m not sure what you are after. They lead to the current working versions of the Housebuilder extension you were trying to get from the Ruby Library Depot.

Technical Support is included as part of your license but that doesn’t include technical support for third party extensions.

I think normally for technical support the proper procedure is to open a ticket through the website and they will get assign someone to help you out.

I don’t have any phone numbers to give you. I am not a Trimble employee nor am I paid by them. I voluntarily donate my time trying to help other users here.

You should edit your post and remove your phone number unless you want more calls from robots that harvest that kind of info from websites.

HouseBuilder comes in a zip file, that expands to be a folder and an rb file. They sit next to each other in your Plugins folder:

housebuilder

Amazingly it does seem to work still, though it has an annoying side effect where you get a beep sound when doing many interface actions (copy, paste, right click, etc).

On the question of a phone number to call, the license manager page (used for checking out the state of your Classic license) includes the phone number next to each license that is currently under support. In the original email that gave you your SketchUp Pro license there is the number as well.

I’m not actually sure which email SketchUp Pro subscribers get the phone number in, but one of them.

The phone number, or email contact, is meant to be for people having problems downloading, installing, or activating SketchUp. It isn’t a consulting service where someone would answer ‘how to’ questions. I would love to be doing that, but one call talking someone through how to do something could keep 10 people waiting who can’t even get SketchUp going.

My record for a phone call so far is two hours, and that was just to talk someone through downloading and installing SketchUp on a Mac. As it was exactly about downloading and installing, and activating as well, I had to stick with it, but talking something through computer basics can be time consuming.

Anyway, a good thing about the forum is that a few minutes of our time can help out a lot of people, and I don’t have to dedicate my time to wait while you read and understand the solution!

The links that @DaveR have given are to the updated version helpfully done by Tig and can be downloaded as a zip or an RBZ. You should be using the RBZ and the install extension button in the Extension Manager.
If you are unable to see the files in the links then you probably haven’t signed into sketchucation, which is a requirement of downloading from there and is free.

I apologize for my misunderstanding. I thought I was e-mailing you in private and that you actually worked for sketchup.

May I please ask how to delete the post?

I am trying but I don’t see how to delete post.

Thank you so much.

DaveR
SketchUp Sage

October 28

alt Alejandra88:
When I click on your link I still don’t have the plug ins that I wanted.

Those links on that page lead to the downloads for the two different versions of the Housebuilder extension. If they are not what you are looking for, I’m not sure what you are after. They lead to the current working versions of the Housebuilder extension you were trying to get from the Ruby Library Depot.

alt Alejandra88:
I know I am a beginner and I need to practice in order to learn but I paid for the program under the impression that technical support came with the program.

Technical Support is included as part of your license but that doesn’t include technical support for third party extensions.

I think normally for technical support the proper procedure is to open a ticket through the website and they will get assign someone to help you out.

I don’t have any phone numbers to give you. I am not a Trimble employee nor am I paid by them. I voluntarily donate my time trying to help other users here.

You should edit your post and remove your phone number unless you want more calls from robots that harvest that kind of info from websites.

No need for apologies.

You can edit your post by clicking on the three dots button. Then choose the pencil icon.
Screenshot%20-%2010_29_2019%20%2C%209_08_55%20AM

Or delete it by clicking on the garbage can. There’s no need to delete it, though.
Screenshot%20-%2010_29_2019%20%2C%209_10_28%20AM

Why delete it, just get on with things, read the other answers, reply to the suggestions, make use of the help offered.