Plugin error: cannot load such file

Anyone know how can i fix this problem with BuildEdge PRO and Skalper 2015 for SU?

Plugin error:
Erro ao carregar o arquivo C:/Users/Fábio/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp/Skalp_loader.rb
Error: The RubyEncoder loader is not installed. Please visit the http://www.rubyencoder.com/loaders/ RubyEncoder site to download the required loader for ‘mingw’ and unpack it into ‘C:/Users/Fábio/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp/rgloader’ directory to run this protected script.
C:/Users/Fábio/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp/rgloader/loader.rb:21:in <top (required)>' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in require’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in require' C:/Users/Fábio/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp/Skalp_loader.rb:6:in <top (required)>’
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in require' C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/Tools/extensions.rb:197:in load’
C:/Users/Fábio/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp.rb:62:in register_extension' C:/Users/Fábio/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp.rb:62:in load_extension’
C:/Users/Fábio/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp.rb:48:in check_IE_version' C:/Users/Fábio/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp.rb:88:in module:Skalp
C:/Users/Fábio/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2015/SketchUp/Plugins/Skalp_Skalp.rb:25:in `<top (required)>’

Tks very much.
Fábio.

Fabio,

If you have problems with Skalp, please contact support@skalp4sketchup.com to get instant support.

Your problem is Sketchup ruby having troubles with special characters such as ‘á’ in the user profile path. They will need to fix this in a future maintenance release of SketchUp.

Currently you can work around as follows:

• create a new user on your computer without any special characters in the name.
  • Install and use SketchUp on that users.
  • After you have create the new user profile, you may change your user name back to your real name including the ‘á’. On renaming a user, Windows will NOT change the actual profile paths themselves, so everything keeps working.

I do understand this is not an elegant solution, as you end up with either 2 user accounts and having to switch back and forth. Or you end up having to move a lot of stuff over to the new profile.

For windows 7 Microsoft also explains how to change your existing user profile here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/19834.how-to-rename-a-windows-7-user-account-and-related-profile-folder.aspx

Kind regards,

The Skalp Team

3 Likes

You fixed my problem, Guy.

Thank you very very much.

My best regards.

1 Like