Please help..New to SketchUp and so lost

Thank you— I was able to accomplish that with some help from someone else here who showed me what I was doing wrong (I wasn’t at the point of origin or zoomed in enough) but now my latest issue is trying to make cut outs! I’ve watched some tutorials and it looks simple enough but when I attempt it it doesn’t work.

The Push Pull tool looks easy enough and I’m able to get it to push through back and forth but I can’t seem to get it to create the cut out by snapping it to another point on the side as instructed in the tutorials.

I’m hoping to figure it out soon (hopefully) because I’m way behind in my class so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks for replying!

J

Thank you, William,

I was actually able to accomplish that with some help from someone else here who showed me what I was doing wrong (I wasn’t at the point of origin or zoomed in enough) but now my latest issue is trying to make cut outs! I’ve watched some tutorials and it looks simple enough but when I attempt it it doesn’t work.

The Push Pull tool looks easy enough and I’m able to get it to push through back and forth but I can’t seem to get it to create the cut out by snapping it to another point on the side as instructed in the tutorials.

I’m hoping to figure it out soon (hopefully) because I’m way behind in my class so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks for replying!

J

Is it possible the face on the opposite side isn’t parallel to the one you are pushing?

Can you share the .skp file?