Placing a logo on a cylinder

Hello, Again…

Today, I’m trying to place a company logo on a cylinder… a cement silo, to be precise…

I’ve got the logo as a texture, but it tiles it when you apply it to a surface… I’ve tried altering the size of the texture when applied but it does weird things with the pattern location so it appears in two halves, if you get my drift…

Any help, as always, gratefully received…

NW

Take a look at projecting textures

Projected Textures - Square One (youtube.com)

2 Likes

I don’t have ‘Texture’ on the drop down box…

That’s because you have multiple faces selected. Turn on Hidden Geometry first. Then right click on a single face to get the Texture option.

FWIW, setting Projected is normally done with the texture applied to a flat rectangle. Then the material is sampled from the rectangle and applied (projected) to the curved surface.

Here’s a different approach. This doesn’t require projecting the texture onto the surface. I did first outline the area where I want the logo image to go so it doesn’t repeat across the surface of the cylinder. The edges around the logo are hidden after the materials are applied. At the beginning of the gif I show that the material is not set to Projected.
logo

2 Likes

That worked a treat…

Thanks

1 Like