Placemaker loading error

I’m running Sketchup pro-2021 with the latest updates. I have not installed pacemaker before but downloaded the pay as you go version and purchased credits today. I installed the rbz file from the extension manager pane, and it shows it to be installed, enabled, and signed. I really hope this is a dumb question with a simple answer.

I can’t figure out for the life of me how to open the Placemaker pane. It does not seem to appear in any menus.

First, restart SketchUp.
View > Toolbars

I’m getting the following on restart.

Thanks for the reply. This at least confirms I’m looking in the right place.

1 Like

What version of macOS are you running? The error messages at launch say a compiled library in place maker is not compatible with your system.

Big sur 11.1

I think it may be the Ruby version. As if an older Placemaker was still installed, that used the older version of Ruby. SketchUp 2021 had an update of Ruby.

I removed all older versions of sketchup from my machine, downloaded and installed 2021 fresh, installed Placemaker, and restarted Sketchup. Same thing is happening.

Did you download the most recent version of Placemaker today or did you install a version you had downloaded at some time in the past?

@DaveR, I downloaded it today. I have not previously installed placemaker.

Any ideas on how I might get this going?

Just giving an update for others who may experience difficulty getting Placemaker installed and loaded. Placemaker customer support responded to my support request and asked that I try installing the previous version: 3.0.10. This version installed and loaded without issue. It can be downloaded here.

02-08-20
One last update here. The crew at Placemaker released an update that solves this issue with version 3.1.1 It installs and loads on my system without issue.

System details:
2017 MacBook Pro 13"
Processor: 3.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Mac OS version 11.1
Sketchup 2021 Pro version 21.0.392
Placemaker version 3.1.0 (didn’t load properly)
Placemaker version 3.1.0 (loaded fine)

2 Likes