Paste Viewport into Text field

Sounds stupid, and who would want t?, But I pasted a SU viewport into a text field in LO and am experiencing a slowdown of crash proportions.

Just a note to devs.

@Marc

Interesting… thanks

CD

@jasonwd

How are you able to copy a SU viewport into a text field? I have tried and the once I enter into the text field, the ability to paste is not available.

CD

Hi Chris

I had previously copied a viewport from another sheet, then copied some text (and obviously failed).

I then selected a text box on the sheet and hit paste, the machine hung for about 5min and a messed up viewport appeared. I attempted to save the file but the only remnants is this recovery file.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/773268/LAYOUT2016101810427.zip

I’m going to guess that the text box is a red herring here. If you’re actually in text edit, hitting “paste” should ignore skp models on the clipboard. If you just have the text box selected when you hit paste, the paste operation doesn’t actually interact with the selection set.

Can you successfully copy/paste that viewport now? How large is it on the page and what’s your rendering quality? Was it raster or vector rendered? Are you running 32 or 64-bit?

-m

1 Like

Hi @Marc

Can you successfully copy/paste that viewport now?

I’m afraid the whole file massively hung LO. In attempting to open it again I got the same behavior. Hang leading to crash.

How large is it on the page and what’s your rendering quality?

The VP ended up being a weird squashed version of the original. I think LO was trying to fit it into the text box

Was it raster or vector rendered?

I can’t remember to be honest. Most on that presentation were vector.

Are you running 32 or 64-bit?

64bit Win 10 on a monster PC