Oval edge modeling

Hello, im interesting how to create oval edge are on images. its my problem always.

It looks as if you have successfully created the edges highlighted in your image. Or is that an image of a model that someone else created, and you want to know how to reproduce that kind of geometry?

Generally, the Intersect With (Selection, Context, Model) function is a very useful tool in such situations. You can draw the geometry on either side of the joint or meeting plane, extending the geometry through and beyond what will be the meeting plane. Then select the overlapping portions of the model, and use Intersect With Selection. This causes SketchUp to create new geometry (edges and faces) wherever intersections occur. You can then delete the unwanted portions of the original geometry on both sides of the meeting plane to clean up the model.

Hi George, hi folks.

Click in sequence on the scenes tabs of this SU file for ideas.

Object with oval sections.skp (1.1 MB)

this model on image is done by me. but i got already what i wanted with using plugin “Curviloft”. but now i have other problem and i will post it soon. thank you vey much.

Thank you Jean, i will check it when i will be with my pc.