Out of the Box

Simply wonderful. But how did you know that’s me everyday :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Many recent conversations with people that have close and varied experiences and associations with the Ukraine led to this. There is often a great deal of emotion and symbolism in my doodles. Sometimes you use a familiar tool to capture a specific feeling.
I could waffle on at length about circular arguments and fragile flexibility or just post an image.

15 Likes

Brilliant :+1:

The minute I saw your “Out of the Box” I thought of this creature which could have been your model:

Archispirostreptus gigas wordt in het Engels ook wel Giant African Milipede genoemd.

7 Likes

These days the jump from Christmas to Easter is almost instantaneous. There once was a time when mince pies and hot cross buns were things you could use to punctuate your calendar. Never to be seen together and quite a gap between them. Not any more, boxing day and the hot cross buns are on sale.
So I give you the multi lamp, a mixture of the seasons, a hint of Christmas and a waft of Easter. I can smell the incense from here. With a touch of steam punk since we are moving into the second steam age.

9 Likes

Have never figured out what a hot cross bun is but your lamps are super cool :+1:

It’s a soft bun flavoured with cinnamon, and a cross on the top made of white pastry. Usually made and sold (in UK anyway) for a few weeks before Easter and traditionally eaten on Good Friday.

3 Likes

It is sold in the US also.

1 Like

My mom made the best hot crossed buns.

1 Like

They can be great. I only remember bought ones from the bakery.

And there’s a verse about one.

The rabbit and the tortoise once
Agreed to run a race.
You know the tortoise won.
And Mr Bunny came in late
A little hot cross bun.

3 Likes

I just remember a kid’s song:

Hot cross buns
Hot cross buns
On a penny, two a penny
Hot cross buns

Haven’t had any or thought about them in ages. Now I want some.

I must look for them myself next time I’m at the grocery, or in a bakery.

I’m working on a theme of gilding the Lilly, or polishing the turd. You can put lipstick on a pig…it’s still a pig.

11 Likes

I think I made the ball too heavy.

9 Likes

Excellent ! :+1:

1 Like

It gravity seems to affect the space around it

1 Like

A little twisted knitting.
This is actually a solid and is made from one simple ring component.

12 Likes

Superb ! :+1:

1 Like

I couldn’t decide which I preferred so you get two.

10 Likes