I usually replace my laptop every 3–5 years, and I like the technology to be no more than about a year old at the time of purchase.
I’m in no rush, but I’ve already started looking around. ARM is starting to become trendy lately—take Apple, for instance, or some Windows machines (though that’s less of a great example). However, NVIDIA RTX Spark seems more promising—especially since they claim it delivers incredible performance in apps like SketchUp.
I wonder what they are basing this claim on. Did the SketchUp team actually test it? Or who? Do they already have native ARM code for Windows? Or is the emulation just that fast?
Judging by the price of the upcoming RTX-equipped laptops, they should offer performance levels comparable to a today’s laptop featuring a high-end Intel or AMD processor and a decent dedicated Nvidia graphics card.
I assume Nvidia wouldn’t display the SketchUp logo on its website if there weren’t proof that it runs well on their hardware. Or would they?
