Buying a New Laptop

I’m imterested in bying a new laptop ,thinkbook 13s gen 4 intel (13 ) and I was wondering if it would work with sketchup

Sketchup can run even on a potato pc, some years ago I managed to install SketchUp 6 in a raspberry pi, one of the weakest personal computers you can find, and it was using wine cause the raspberry pi has an arm cpu and gpu, for many years I worked with SketchUp in a 2013 MacBook pro with a 4th gen i7 dual core intel cpu with integrated graphics, with big projects it struggled but I made my bachelor´s and master´s final projects with it. If you’re on a budget and the work you do with SketchUp isn’t heavy, that machine could be enough for you, you could also work with medium and big projects but it’ll struggle and will take some time to do some tasks that a more powerful machine would do it a lot faster, it´s up to you. For rendering I recommend you to invest more money and get a machine with an Nvidia gpu, it will save you a lot of time, if time is important to you, there are engines that use the cpu, but a render using an rtx gpu can be made in minutes while with cpu it could take hours or even days, depending on the size of the project

2 Likes

1st off what is your budget?

2 Likes

My budget would be around 600 to 900

1 Like

That’s not a lot but…

Start here…

1 Like

What kind of things you do with sketchup and how big can be an average file? Your budget is a bit tight for 3D work.