So, I decided to bite the bullet and see if the latest build of SU was better than the 2017. This was mainly because I thought that the animation using the Component Attributes was going to help me. So far I’m not that impressed. The idea seems very simple to use, but in practice, either it is move complicated than I understood or it is buggy.
Case in point. I have a set of gears that I want to have move. I was finding rotation of components was a bit tricky to manipulate, but I thought I finally got it. However, it would seem that there is a bug where by entering the same value to rotate will result in a different result.
- Load gear_set.skp (167.0 KB) .
- Open up the Component Attributes dialog.
- Click on the gear set component that is in frame.
- Change the value of gear set!angle to =1-1 (just setting value to 0). Note where the gear has moved.
- Now change the value of gear set!angle to =2-2 (just setting value to 0). Note that the gear has moved again.
The value has been changed from 0 to 0 to 0 and each time, the gear has moved to a new location. What’s up with that? I don’t see any reason why it should keep moving given the same value. I did try something similar before and it did work, but I no longer have the file. Any one have any idea what’s going on?