Nope, greed has taken over Trimble's brain

Sorry, I read (maybe too fast) the forum guidelines and don’t understand what is wrong with his post. Can you cite me what is wrong please

1 Like

If you had read the guidelines you would have a badge saying you have read the guidelines.

1 Like

I read that : Terms of Use

The question is not if I read the guidelines, the question is what guideline was not respect to flag the first message of Tyrelever ?

The OP has edited their post.
I didn’t say terms of service.
https://forums.sketchup.com/faq

1 Like

Ok I read this (non-legal) thing : FAQ - SketchUp Community

Do you know that your expression “Perhaps if you had bothered to read the forum guidelines you would understand” is a little rude and do not respect the (non-legal) guidelines ?

Whatever, i still don’t see why the first message of tyrelever was flagged (it is just unflagged now).

I’m a little disappointed, I thought it was a place of love and tolerance and quinoa recipes. The sketchUp we love, the Trimble forced subscription we love. :blossom: :butterfly: :sun_with_face:

1 Like

I honestly don’t care what you think.

3 Likes

Hey the atmosphere of this forum sounds like USSR during the cold war.
Na zdarovié.

5 Likes

As Box says, the post has been edited. It did not initially say “thank you”.

What you just said was itself flagged, but in the hope it comes back, I wasn’t saying that he failed to say thank you to is, I meant that it previous cursed at us.

I will recover from this punishment … :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :disappointed_relieved: :sleepy: :sneezing_face: :zipper_mouth_face:

Ahhh ! He cursed at you. I don’t have understand that. Isn’t that a bit ridiculous ?

I know I will not pay the subscription based on my current understanding of how it works. It is a fact that OS “improvements” render software obsolete. However, when you own the software you can use it till you can’t (I love Yogisms). When you rent it (my perception of subscription), your out alone in the street when it’s over.

I too, would like a Trimble rep to explain how this is such a great thing and ask along with tyrelever for response.

Thank You

2 Likes

I can only agree. A Pro license I bought has become useless after little time.
A poor reward a user gets for commitment towards a software provider.
I don’t consider buying anything else from Trimble.

1 Like

As I read the tread, should I also say “thank you” now?

3 Likes

Did you read the original opening entry by clicking on the pen-symbol and moving back to page one??
There is no “thank you”…

If you had previously sworn at us, changing it to “thank you” would be an improvement. Deleting the swearing would have been ok too, the thank you isn’t a requirement.

I checked your license, and the 2019 version should still be working ok. If you’re having any problems with it let me know.

Thank you Trimble !!

I don’t understand. Are you saying Sketchup Make 17 will continue to be free? Tremble announcements are hard to understand. I didn’t know I was using “Make 17” until I read your post and checked my copy. It reads, “Sketchup 17” in bold type. In another area in small type, it reads “Sketchup Make 17.” So I guess I have “Make 17.” I’m pretty skillful with it and haven’t scratched the surface. Unless the pay version offers new features I can’t imagine why I need it. But my impression was (is) ALL Sketchup versions will be costly at some unknown date - so, I’m looking at other drawing packages. I own “Turbocad” and the world’s best design software “Xara Design Pro” so I may focus on those, or look for something similar to the free version of Sketchup, that is, assuming it will become a commercial product. But, in general, a common business model is to offer a free version, even for years, and suddenly, when the user base is sufficient, begin charging a fee. “Anual fees” are the trend today - and “Cloud” versions. It’s always driven by marketing, motivated by money. From a personal perspective, I’ve created a way, using Sketchup, to draw some very complex components. I hope I don’t have to start all over duplicating my work with another drawing application. My plan was to do a Youtube video demonstration. I once used Incomedia’s “Website X” software to create websites. They stopped supporting it to focus on “more profitable” areas of business. I was left high and dry. Today they market a new web development package - begging won’t get me to buy it. I’ve been burned so I won’t give them a second chance. Incidentally, Incomedia is an Italian company. Italy has weak consumer laws and doesn’t support the ones they have. Tremble may realize unanticipated backlash they never envisioned. Better communication is needed. And be consistent naming and referring to each product. Am I using “Make 17” or not? Will it remain free, or not? Simple questions deserve a straight answer!

Make is the free version of the desktop version.
It is free and will remain free, it will not be updated, so it will run for free as long as your Operating system continues to run it. Many people are still using SU8 and earlier, so I see no reason for Make to stop working any time soon.

Uso sketchup dalla versione 5. Per pochi giorni quest’anno non mi consentono di rinnovare la licenza classica.
For a few days this year they don’t allow me to renew my classic license. How disgusting!!
Annotazione 2020-06-21 151543|690x129

Here is a compromise: A low-cost desktop “Make” subscription that can run extensions, but lacks pro tools like Layout, the DWG translator, etc. for something like $49 per year?

2 Likes