Newbie - getting an error message and will not even install

Im having the “Could not open key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION. System error 5. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.” error when SU is almost finished installing.

Thanks for humoring me, @yanzarchi . I just wanted to double-check that we’re talking about the same issue. Do you still see the error when trying to install the 32-bit version of SketchUp Make?

For Windows seven , I have not checked newer versions, but it does not show the elevated admin log on at the start screen. Try the steps in the windows seven forums and see if it helps. Pay attention to warnings this opens up full access to your PC

1 Like

Dear Tommy,

I have a problem with Sketchup pro 2015, i already done install in my laptop but when i click to get started this box keep appear error and my apps did not open at all. Help please :frowning:

post “View Report Details…”

This is the report details about the error. Sorry for the late

meant attaching the XML.

it’s an ASCII text format, you may want check with a text editor for content and sensible data before.

can you teach me how to fix it sir ? i did’nt know how to do it

If you submitted the BugSplat with contact info and comments, it should already have come to the attention of the Trimble SketchUp support team. Without that info it is harder for them to track it back to you or to this forum topic.

What @sketch3d_de is asking is for you to upload the S32H1ET5.xml file found at the Path in the second line of the details window you posted.

where i can get that xml file sir ? in the internet or else ?

That is a local file created on your computer during the BugSplat. Look at the directory path in the second line of the details window. It starts with c:\Users\IZZUDDIN\AppDATA\Local\Temp\ (the rest is cut off in your figure).

the instructions based on the path given did not have a XML file sir, is that the problem why i cant use this apps ?

No, that was a file of diagnostic information created during the BugSplat. It is a product of, not a cause of your issue. It was likely deleted after you submitted the BugSplat to Trimble.

HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact yoursupport personnel

I keep getting this message and I can’t download 2015. any help would be great. I have a few files from 2014 version I need to get and I can’t access them. We are remodeling our home and these files from 2014 are needed asap

having a similar problem with sketchup make. had windows 7 professional. it was working greeat, but decided to upgrade to windows 10. though i was told everything would work in 10, somethings didnt so i tried to go back to windows 7 professional. But now that is broken so i HAD to go back to 10 and then found sketchup wasnt on my destktop. decided to uninstall and re install, however everytime i try to reinstall i get the message, " another version of this product is already installed. installation cannot continue. to configure or remove the existing product use add/remove programs on the control panel" I did this, still no luck, i even got some uninstall programs to hunt down and left over file, did that. still no joy, so why my time ticks away, i cannot ever re install and cant teach.

The main problem is with internet explorer. To resolve this error “could not open key hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\internetexplorer\main\featurecontrol\feature_browser_emulation” , open control panel goto inernet options in all control panel items in advanced tab, under [reset internet explorer settings] click on reset button, then check the box [delete personal settings] then again click on reset. Then try to install software. if the problem occurs again then download this tool “Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro” and try to repair registry key’s of your pc and then try. I hope this can help you a lot, ENJOY.