New to sketchup shop

I m new to sketch shop. We i Go to open a template there are only 3 simple choices… I s this correct? Also, I cannot seem to do a 2d layout, is this not an available option in shop?

Yes. This is correct. You can open a new file, change styles and make other changes and save the file to use as a template for future projects.

You can make a 2D model or make 2D views of your 3D model if you wish. If you’re asking about having access to LayOut, you need Sketchup Pro for that.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Anthony

I’m just starting and want to begin in 2D. When I click on the new + (new template) icon, I don’t get any options. Just a new blank 3D template. Need help - feeling inept.

SketchUp is always 3D; a 2D drawing is just geometry that happens to all land on the same plane in 3D space.

Draw a large rectangle on, for example, the red-green plane and then proceed to draw your 2D edges and shapes on it. Watch for “on face” tooltips to make sure you don’t stray above or below the plane, which is the most common issue when trying to do 2D in SketchUp.

1 Like