Network license docking

Hi all,

Upon trying to release a checked out Ntwk license - this message comes up “an error occurred when checking in your license”

How can we fix this?

Is your Internet connection working as it should?

https://help.sketchup.com/en/article/3000285

I am pleased to say that the following instructions solved the issue - should anyone else experience this problem:

Uninstalling the program can work for this issue, but the draw back is that it leaves the SketchUp.lic in place. I recommend removing the SketchUp.lic from the computer to see if this resolves the issue that has been encountered. I’ve included instructions below as to where to find the file, and you can move the file to the trash and try launching the program again after this is done.
[ Windows ] C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2016
[ OS X ] ~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2016

Please note on Windows: this is the hidden ProgramData folder, not the ProgramFiles folder

Thank you!

I don’t think anything you do to your SketchUp installation would release a borrowed network license. The licenses are managed by Trinble’s servers across the internet so if your computer cannot communicate with those (ports 5053 and 50530 must be open) the license will stay borrowed and not be available for others to use.

1 Like

In addition of what is been said by @Anssi, removing .lic files from your machine does just that, e.g. you would remove a file locally . It would NOT change the information that is saved on the Trimble servers…
Removing licenses from machines requires a working internet connection with the ports open as Anssi described and included that SketchUp was properly installed (Run as Administrator)

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.