Need help Installing Make

I downloaded the old Sketchup make 2017 because Free sucks and when I start the installation I keep getting this (see attachment) and the installation quits, can anyone help? I want to install this on a seperate drive “F”, not “C” Drive, and I have no “I” drive.Sketchup problem

but I assumed that you were attempting to install this on a portable device. If not…ignore it. I’m no sage :slight_smile:

You need to install Make on the C: drive. Installing to other locations/drives isn’t supported.

1 Like

I tried installing Sketchup Make on my “C” drive and I still get that same message as above. I have been using Sketchup make for a couple of years now. I cleaned my PC out and reinstalled most of my programs I wanted to start fresh and this was during the Sketchup Free announcement. This is looking like to me that they want me to buy Sketchup Pro 2018

Yes. Of course they want to sell you SketchUp Pro if you are using it for something other than hobby use.

Which version of SketchUp Make did you try installing? Did you right click on the installer file and choose Run as administrator? If not, it won’t install correctly.

What graphics card does your computer have? Please complete your profile.

I have been using Sketchup Make since 2015 for hobby use only. I tried installing Sketchup Make 2017. I tried running as administrator, which did not work. My graphics card is the same card I hade since 2015, it is a AMD Radeon R7 250 2GB GDDR3 PCI-E 3.0

AMD RADEON R7 250 2GB GDDR3 PCI-E 3.0
THERMALTAKE SMART SERIES SP-750PCBUS 750W 80PLUS
MSI 970G43 MAINBOARD
AZZA FUSION 3000 FULL TOWER
COOLERMASTER SEIDON 120M WATER COOLER
2 - 4GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1866MHZ DDR3
1TB SATA III 7200 RPM 3.5" HARD DRIVE
AMD FX™-8320 EIGHT-CORE PROCESSOR
64-BIT OPERATING SYSTEM
WINDOWS 10
Added 1tb ssd

wow that sounds like quite a machine. Did you ever install 2018 trial version on it?

No I did not, do you think that may be my problem?

I really have no idea but the more information there is the more likely there will be some one here to help solve the mystery. I have no problems installing any of the versions. My hhd was replaced a couple of months ago an reinstalling windows kinda changed my directories a little…but I haven’t had any serious issues with SU installations.
You might try to install the 2018 just to see where the problem is…or if it would make any sense to the more experienced members.

probably an external drive already removed.

either:

• “Start > Run > compmgmt.msc > Disk Management”
  • change the drive letter of an external drive (e.g. thumb stick) to the one specified in the error message or create a new drive and assign this drive letter
  • install SketchUp

or:

• “Start > Run > cmd.exe > right-click > run as admin”
  • “subst i: c:\temp”*
  • install SketchUp
  • “subst i: /d”

*either create this folder manually or check for the Windows system temp path by “Start > Run > %TEMP%”

You’re downloading the installers from the following page, correct?

And when you run the installer, you right-click on the exe, and then select Run as administrator, correct?

I will try this.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.