Move tool no longer rotates

In Sketchup for Schools the move tool no longer rotates components. I’m not sure if this is an update or a bug. Please advise

Interesting. I see that in SketchUp Go (web), too. I wonder if that was in response to a few users who wanted the feature removed. Maybe @CaseyG would have some insight or know who to ask. I would definitely miss that feature.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this to my attention DaveR. I had not heard anything about that as a possible change so I am inclined to think it is a bug. I know I would definitely miss that feature if it was removed.

I’ll look into it and see if I can turn up an answer on this. If it is a bug, I’ll see if we have a guess on how long it will take to get a fix rolled out.

2 Likes

It’s a new setting (or perhaps an old one that has been flipped to off by default) - go to the burger menu on the top left and you can turn it back on

2 Likes

Thanks

Sometimes the web version gets a new feature that didn’t yet appear in the desktop version. This is one example. That it currently defaults to be turned off is something we may change.

I can’t say when the feature will be in a desktop update.