Most of my options are grayed out when I right-click

It is probably something obvious I am not thinking about but I can suddenly not do anything with my groups from the right click menu. Everything is grayed out except my extension options. I can open the flip menu but everything in there is grayed out. They show as solid groups and are not locked. It is all my groups or components in this file.

What happened?

I’ve been seeing grayed out menu items in the Context menu periodically. There have been a few other reports, too. Shutting down SketchUp and restarting it seems to fix it for awhile but it doesn’t appear to be a permanent fix. Not sure if this is some bug in 2019.3 or what. It is annoying, though.

Joy. Okay thanks.

Any idea if updating fixes the issue or makes it worse?

I don’t know. What’s to update from 2019.3?

I have not updated yet if that is the question. I am just wondering if it is being seen on just the older version since the update went up or on both.

Like I said:

I never saw it prior to 2019.3.

this sounds like an issue with your extension…

what is it?

john

John, it’s the native context menu items that are grayed out.

they can be disabled in an extension…

john

I’m having the same problem. Message for the sketchup staff - why don’t I see any comments from any of the sketchup staff about this? Are you guys paying attention to the people who pay you to use your program, what is the update from the sketchup team on this? Please respond, we shouldn’t have to ask you guys to respond, nor should the solution be to close sketchup and than restart in order to fix a bug. Your company is slow as hell at getting back to anyone about bugs and I’m getting tired of this. Sketchup team, make an effort to pay attention to bugs and respond to the community, in my experience on bugs it’s rare I see you guys even get back to anyone about anything. (speaking from my own experience here).

If you do a little simple searching you will find other threads on this topic. It turned out to be an issue created by a version of LibFredo6 but Fredo6 fixed it and the problem went away. This was never a bug in SketchUp. It was a bug in an extension.

Thanks, I’ll do more of that, I’m just frustrated in general about the sketchup team and how they don’t respond to bugs, other people may have a different experience on this but I do not unfrotunately and it’s frustrating. I have already researched a few topics on this and haven’t still found anyone mention anything about a specific extension.

It’s unfortunate that you don’t see that they actually do respond to bugs and fix them. They put out a fix nine days ago for a single bug that only affects a small number of people east of the Prime Meridian.

According to your profile you are still using SketchUp 2018 so it’s no surprise that you don’t see bug fixes. They made 3 or 4 releases last near to deal with problems created by operating system changes and we’ve already had several releases this year.

I’m using the latest version, my profile is seperate from my profile that I use sketchup pro with.

But going into your last comments, could you provide an example of 1 extension that causes problems because the way you worded it is as if you know of atleast 1, I’d be interested in seeing at least 1 example so I can try to figure this out…

So DaveR, surely you know of some extensions you were referencing? Waiting for your reply on this when you have the time to comment.

Dave told you - get the latest version of Fredo6’s Lib and it should then be OK.
While you’re at it why not update all of the Fredo6 extensions that you use ?
Remember that most of us here are not working for SketchUp - we’re just users trying to help other users…

It looks like he re edited his post TIG instead of just answering and being normal lol, becuase I didn’t read that at all otherwise if I did I wouldn’t be asking again about it :+1:. Either way whether he re edited or not though regardless, my Fredo plugins have been updated for awhile now so I’ll go back in and check again though and if something happens I’ll leave a comment. Thanks

None of my posts were edited after the fact.