More Fredo6 plugins becoming paid extensions

Licensing fees for such handy extensions is not unacceptable and in one way way probably overdue seeing as many new extensions are not free…

However, with the subscription system and more and more plugins being licensed, Sketchup is becoming a very expensive yearly cost for non commercial/profitable users.

Personally, Trimble should buy the extensions from the developers and incorporate them into the base product. Without these extensions, Sketchup becomes just an ordinary tool lacking far too many additional features.

9 Likes

So you expect someone to develop an extension and donate their time and knowledge out of the goodness of their heart. Remember the people that make these extensions are users like you or me. The difference is they have additional education with programing.

Quite frankly IMHO it is a great product and a good value. Basically you get what you pay for.

1 Like

Is there any other payment method than Paypal?
My company does not buy anything on Paypal.

I’m curious… Since your here.

Is there a reason you won’t put your plugins on the extension warehouse? Or is it they who won’t let you publish there?

Generally It does not matter for me, but thinking it would make it easier for some of my students and colleges.

It’s true, your plugins have helped shape what SketchUp has become and changed the way of thinking in how I build.
Thank you for all that you have given in the past and you are well deserved of remuneration!
Keep up the great work.

Maybe the double negative has rattled your brain… I feel licensing is justified for many extensions… With the cost of subscriptions, Trimble should purchase extensions from developers (NOT have them DONATE their time and knowledge free) and included in the SU package.

Sketchup is a good tool, but it’s a shame that there has to be so many user plugins written… They are written to fill gaps/shortcoming of Sketchup.

While I love SketchUp, personally I no longer get what I pay for… license fees for SketchUp is not cheap for a privateer… while I have a license for the latest version, I still run 2018 as Trimble has not made any enhancements that has tempted me to install the latest version and go through the hassle of re-installing extensions and customisations.

6 Likes

There are other options…

Read the full comment and don’t just pick out selective words… I didn’t particularly want to get into a pissing contest with someone that cannot understand that I do support Fredos licensing his plugings…

3 Likes

Deleted

… which is absolutely ok! And thank you Fredo6 for providing all your so cool stuff for free for so long! :+1:

2 Likes

I think $40 is a very reasonable price for these AMAZING plugins. I use them from my very first days with SU. It’s your work, you deserve to receive some money for it.

Is that per year or for a perpetual license? We’ll buy them either way as your plugins have become imperative for our workflow, yet I’m just asking…

hello,
it’s for perpetual licenses. You get 3 seats (meaning you can use the plugins on 3 different computers with the licence) and have the possibility to release them if you don’t use one of those computers anymore.
as fredo previously said, go there SCFLicense: Extension Licensing on Sketchucation • sketchUcation • 1 for more details

Fredo, I will always be more than happy to pay for your plugins, I think they are fab and save me so much time. Along with others in this thread I want to say thank you for all your effort through the years

best

Dan

WHERE DO I PURCHASE THE US 40 BUNDLE?

(Email removed)

Here: SketchUcation | Cart

4 Likes

Something to notice with Dave’s link is that if you are not signed in you will see a message telling you that you have to be signed in. If you use the green sign in in the upper left (instead of say going to their home page first), it does keep you on the Fredo6Bundle2022 page.

If you choose PayPal, on the next screen you get a chance to pay without PayPal. I tested that, and was able to use my credit card via PayPal’s guest payment.

$40.00 x 2 million = 80 million bucks
Not a bad pay day for all your efforts through the years THANKS!
Let us know how this will work please.

Will this also be compatible with Sketchup 2017?