Modifying materials

I have Google Sketchup Web edition and I wanted to modify the siding material to a different color siding, how do you do it on the Free Web version of Sketchup?

Do you want to modify a particular material’s color or change materials entirely?

just the materials color

That’s not implemented in the current SketchUp Free version.

how do i dowload the right intel system to use sketch up 17?

isnt woring it says i need opengo 3.0

I think you mean OpenGL 3.0. If your graphics card, whatever it is, is not up to the task, install SketchUp 2016 and turn off Hardware Acceleration in Window>Preferences>OpenGL.

Or get a computer with a reasonably good graphics card.

can you send me the link to sketckup 2016 download

It’s in the same link that @mchandler gave you.

Or get SketchUp Make 2016 here.

Remember that SketchUp Make is for hobby use only.

Please complete your profile with the correct information about your computer’s graphics processor and operating system.

is there a license number i can get to go online? and authorization code?

You’d have to buy a license. You can buy the license for SU2018 Pro online and you’d get an e-mail with the license information. They don’t normally sell licenses for older versions that aren’t supported. You would need to contact Customer Support directly to see if they’d make an exception for you.

It would probably make the most sense to upgrade your computer hardware so you can actually run the current, supported version of SketchUp.

I want to change the color of the materials and I also want to upload my materials for the floor, the walls. How can i do this? When will this be implemented and in which version of SketchUp Free?

If you want to do that now you can use SketchUp Make or SketchUp Pro.

Will this be implemented at all?

Probably, but no one here can say when.

Since you’re using it for hobby stuff, maybe you can manage with the materials that are provided. Or maybe you can find a usable material in the 3D Warehouse.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.