Model printing to scale

I build custom period furniture. I develop and create all of my designs and blueprints with sketchup,
My question is: when you have small components that you want print on a single piece of paper how do you change either the print options in windows 10 or scale the model in sketchup so the print out is exactly the same dimensions as the model? ie. the model is an 8 inch by 4 inch rectangle and I want the printout of the model to be centered on the page and actually be 8"x4"?
Thanks for the help…

Maybe start here, And then also, here.

DaveR

Thank you…The solution in Make is a little hokey and more of a work-a-round than a solution and Pro has the solution in layout. I guess I was expecting a little too much from the free Make so I better sell something and purchase Pro…thanks again for the help

I guess, considering printing things to scale like this isn’t something SketchUp was intended to do in the first place, the fact it can be done is more like a bonus. It is indeed much easier to do in LayOut but then LayOut was designed to do it.

The Print function has a bug where the “Use model extents” checkbox only works for things bigger than about a foot across. That is why printing small models to full scale on small paper is so difficult and only works by disabling the box and resizing the SketchUp window so that what you want to print fills it exactly.

Anssi

Anssi

Thanks for the heads up. I have already encountered that problem and tried to work around with the scale tool, however, using woodworking protocols with measurement marking arrows, all of those dimensions that are shown are increased in proportion to the percentage increase of the scale. It appears I am going to need to bite the bullet and purchase Pro so I can use the “layout” feature.

Philos

Although you should be able to print to scale directly from SketchUp (I do it on occasion to demonstrate it to students), it is much easier to set up in LayOut. And you can set up the document for larger paper and send a PDF to your local office supply store for printing.

FWIW, if you are using SketchUp for your business, you should be using SU Pro anyway.