Model background color erroneously changing in Layout, displays properly in Raster mode only

In layout, I’ve experienced an issue where the background color suddenly changes from white to dark gray. I’ve verified the look of the Scene I’ve chosen to render in Layout and it’s white in Sketchup but dark gray in Layout. Every style setting in the file is white. After some troubleshooting I found that the view changes from white to gray when rerendering the Layout scene. Now when I’m viewing the Layout scene and switch from Hydrid mode to Raster, the background switches back to white. Vector also exhibits the same incorrect background color.

Of course, I’ve tried saving in Sketchup, updating in Layout, relinking the Sketchup file in Layout, restarting both programs…

Can you share the LO file so we can see what you have going on?

What version of SketchUp/LayOut are you using? Please complete your profile.

I am using the most recent version on Sketchup and Layout for Mac. Unfortunately, I cannot share the project file.

Unfortunately we can only guess at what is going on. Perhaps you haven’t updated the style in SU for the scene.

Fair enough. Same behavior in Mac 10.15. I’ve also tried toggling the background check box in Layout. I did update the Style and I even created a new Style with a white background, but same behavior - it changed to dark gray when in any mode besides Raster. I may be able to strip the file down making it possible for me to share.

One other guess. Is there some sort of geometry between the main model and the background that isn’t showing in the scene in SU but does when you set up the viewport?

I expect it’ll be a simple enough fix.

You could send the LO file to me by PM. I won’t share it with anyone.