Miter saw station

I might be misintepreting all this…but anyways…my2c…
My experience (with my table saw) is that plywood is too ‘sticky’.

If you want to extend the rear stop to the left & right, I would use a single long piece of flat steel or aluminium bolted the existing rear stop (most have holes for this…yours seems to). You can engrave rule markings into the metal and attach it firmly the bench using simple square brackets.

If you want to add a (perpendicular) fence then add a proper fence that clamps to the front edge of the bench and runs in a metal track embedded into the benchtop. You can buy kits, or make them (again out of ali/steel is ideal). What you lose in efficiency you’ll more than make up for in accuracy.

PS
All this stuff has to be super strong and SAFE… if a piece of timber jams, or the fence binds or something bends off you could have a serious accident. :slight_smile:

I built a similar fence with a zero-tolerance board right where the saw is, double-boards left and right. The center-piece can be removed and is snug with the left and right fence.

These are all really great suggestions!

Has anybody figured out how to build a bonnet that will capture the dust coming off the saw?

I will integrate a dust collection box behind the saw and will show my results here, but it will take some time …
I’ve continued with the drawers the last days…

I realize I am late to the party with this one but,Stop
The adjuster is from Kreg, around $20.00

For jarvis393, I saw something like an over size dust collection hose that was intended to collect the mess from the miter saw. It should be coming to market in the near future. I do not have a link to it.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.