I have created a file with my own textures for quartz and marble. I’d like to be able to update my materials file for future use when I resize or change these textures in my model. At this point, it only saves in the current model. I’ve noticed that some textures update with the change in sizing and some do not. Very hit and miss for me right now. Can someone assist please?
If you’ve created a local collection for your quartz and marble textures, you should be able to save the edited textures and over write the originals. Is that what you are trying to do?
Are all of the materials needing to be corrected, though?
Hi Dave, thanks for getting back to me.
I should probably give you a run down of what I have done so far and where I’m getting stuck, as follows:
- created a materials file in my Sketchup folders
- added approx 10 ’New Textures’ in my model and put in new height and width dimensions
- the material didn’t size correctly to my specified dimensions above, so I used the Texture Position tools to resize correctly
- the new sizing updated in my home “Colors in Model’ section, but did not update in my personal list that I had previously created, however some did update.
- Is there a reason why some would update and some wouldn’t? Am I missing a step?
The only place the sizes should update would be in the In Model materials. None of them should have changed in the local collection (list). If you have all of the resized materials in your Colors in Model collection probably the easiest thing to do is create a new collection by using Duplicate and give the new collection a new name. Otherwise you need to deal with each material individually.
FWIW, when I create new materials for my collections I draw rectangles of the correct dimensions and then, using File>Import, I import the images and apply them to the rectangles so they are immediately the correct size. No need to go back later and edit them to fix the dimensions.
Yes, ok thanks a mil for putting me on the right path. I have it figured out now.