Managing Activations, not being able to login even though I am logged out elsewhere

I have been using a license between 2 machines but when I go to open it on another machine I log out of the other one. I tried to sign into my other computer and it says I have sketch up logged in on too many machines but I know this isn’t the case. Now I can’t use the program at all. What can I do to remotely sign myself out!? I went into manage my subscriptions but I can’t find an option to sign me out of the other devices it thinks I am using the program on.

In this page:

https://ecom-prd.trimblepaas.com/account/organization

under My Products, look for your SketchUp Pro subscription, and click on Show Included Applications. Then in the SketchUp Pro box click on Manage Devices.

Each version of SketchUp you are signed in on counts. You may still have a 2019, 2020, or 2021 version on your two computers, that are still signed in.

I was able to sign on but I had to go to the computer that already said I signed out, and sign in there again and then sign out of it again before I was able to sign in on my other device. I don’t understand why I have to sign out multiple times for it to take.

What version of SketchUp are you using? Please complete your forum profile.

sketchup pro 2021. I believe we are eligible to upgrade but our office hasn’t given us the go ahead yet.