MacOS Monterey Compatibility?

Hi!

Is anybody using the latest version of SketchUp with MacOS Monterey Beta? If so, how does it work? Any issues?

Have a great day.

Does not work. Not compatible, crashes almost immediately.

1 Like

There was a change recently where SketchUp 2019 and earlier stopped working in Monterey. 2020 and 2021 are still working well.

I would expect you would have problems with it since there is no SketchUp 2010 Make version.

I can’t Imagine they would allow compatibility between Make 2017 and Monterey. The idea is to move people toward the paid subscription model. Right?

Pretty sure we’re not going to release a new version of 2017 in order to take care of changes Apple will have made in the last five years, but, Apple did recently release 12.0.1, and that fixed a crashing issuing in SketchUp 2021.1.2. I have 2017 open in macOS 12.0.1, and so far it is behaving.

After about 10 minutes 2017 did close, while I wasn’t even using it. I noticed something in the crash report about a Rosetta exception. Next time it crashes I will send that report into Apple.

Do you know if the Sketchup pro 2019 would work with MacOS Monterey? I have it running on Big Sur and it works without issues. I have encounter with some bug crashes but they happened randomly and it was way back at the first version of Big Sur.

Looks at Colin’s post from July, 2021. Since no work has been done on older versions, it would be safe to assume that the answer is still no.

I have macOS Ventura running on my own Mac. I’m heading to bed now, but I opened 2018 and 2019, and will see if either or both are still open in the morning. If 2019 is still going then there is a good chance it would stay open in Monterey as well.

So, it wasn’t a very demanding test, I might need to do some modeling for a while in each version, but 2018 and 2019 were still running this morning. 2017 would have died by now.