Look What I Found

I found this in a pile of old disks I’ve had.
IMG_20180910_064517361_HDR

10 Likes

As far as I could tell, there was no keyboard shortcuts back then. (Completely threw me off when I tried to give it a spin.)

1 Like

I was thinking about installing it. I suppose I’d get the 8-hour trial period anyway.

1 Like

2018-09-10_14h51_39

Tick-tock!

1 Like

Through up the years I’ve been collecting SketchUp installers:

7 Likes

What is on the right, next to 2018?:smiley:

10 Likes

:musical_score::musical_score::musical_score:… I never give up…:microphone::musical_score::musical_score::musical_score:

I’d hope to see the new 2019 logo…

This was done on purpose to inspire some to develop extensions on their own.

Be sure to right-click on the installer and choose ‘run as Administrator’ !

Yeah, yeah.

Version 3.1 installed in less than 10 seconds. :smiley:

Actually, there are shortcuts. You can access the window for setting them by going to Tools>Customize>Keyboard

2 Likes

On a slightly faster computer than when released I’m guessing.

1 Like

I think so. Also not nearly as much stuff to install.

And here’s a fun thing that I’d forgotten about. There’s audible collision detection.

It sounds like someone getting socked in the face in an old video game. :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ve still got that here, it’s the wife yelling Get off me!

5 Likes

I think I have one of those and it is in daily use … strung up in the veg garden to ward off them pesky winged critters!

1 Like

I have the same version, plus the install disk for version 2.0 that I got somewhat later, bundled with an old version of ArtLantis Render.

I think the next Basecamp SketchUp battle should be with version 2. :smiley:

2 Likes

OK, you made me look. The printing on the 3.0 disk was decidedly better looking than 2.1

The last installed version I still have on my current machine is SU8

4 Likes

I remember getting a bundled version of ArtLantis Render, but it was with ArchiCAD. I remember wondering how to use it with SU.

1 Like

And this is what I found this summer on my shelf :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow…
that brings back memories
I remember the program not having dimension, I forgot which version finally added them?

I still wear the cap from time to time…

3 Likes