Locating component options for dynamic components

Dave,

Good Morning, Good News.
After verifying that SU2016 worked on my Mac, I started thinking a little more about what might be impacting this. Since I didn’t have the 3rd party extensions on my Mac that I have on my PC I renamed the file for THOSE extensions so sketchup would not see them. Then I uninstalled SU completely and used a fresh download from their website for a clean installation. Now I have SU with only the extensions they provide and everything works as it should. I appreciate all the effort you and John put in. Thank you. At some point I am going to reload the other extensions 1 at a time and see which one may have impacted the operation. If indeed that happens I will update you on that

Interesting. I’m glad you’ve got on the right track now. I’ve not heard of any extensions that conflict with SU Dynamic Components. Maybe someone else has heard of something. If you list the extensions you’ve added, maybe something will leap out.

I would suggest that you install all extensions fresh as you’re adding them back.

Will do…

I also have the same issue but in my case I also have file load errors on startup after a clean install. The extension shows to be enabled but no menu item.

Y’all make sure:

1. You have the latest available installer version for your platform and bitness …

2. That (if on Windows) you install via right-click on installer and “Run as administrator”.
    If you already have it installed, there will be a “Repair” option, … use that.

3. Check the version of the Dynamic Components extension against the one available in the Extension Warehouse, and update if the one on your machine is older. (Currently, the latest DC version is 1.4.2)

4. Verify that the DC extension is checked in the Extension Manager (v2017+)
    or the Extensions panel of the Preferences dialog (older versions.)