Load extensions from 2021 to 2022

I have an annual license for SU Pro but keep using 2021 because I can’t figure out how to bring all my extensions into 2022? Is there a way for SU to just bring them in automatically?

No, there is not an automatic method to import them. Beat practice is download fresh copies from Sketchucation and the Extension warehouse. This will ensure all of them are up to date as many are updated during the year as needed. Also this will prevent load errors when Sketchup loads. This can happen if the extensions are moved from one folder to another, also they hard to troublshoot.

2 Likes

Thanks.

-Michael

What RLGL said is the safer approach. If you want to try the riskier approach, you can go into this folder:

%AppData%\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021\SketchUp

and copy the Plugins folder. Go into this folder:

%AppData%\SketchUp\SketchUp 2022\SketchUp

and paste the folder, and choose the Skip option. That should leave you with the 2022 plugins from us, and the existing 2021 plugins from everyone else.

When you open SketchUp 2022, and start a new document, you may see some errors. If you don’t, then you’re good to go. If you do, look at the errors and manually delete any plugins that are mentioned, then re-download those ones.

2 Likes