Live Q&A Live Stream!

Here is an example of a furniture piece I’m not sure how to build…

What’s the best way to model something more soft and less static like this sofa as well?

sectional-sofas-edloe-finch-harlow-mid-century-modern-sofa-fulton-grey-left-facing_212|690x459

8 feet long, lo res.

A bathroom rendering I made in SU Pro 2019 this week…just shows you how good CAD with Sketchup can get! I started three years ago and now I run an archviz business. Best part, I’m only 15! SketchUp is really easy to learn once you start using it, and the best lessons you’ll learn are through the mistakes you make early on. I can’t say enough how much I love SU though and cannot wait to try 2020 this summer when I renew my license!

1 Like

you can use seamless textures as well

1 Like

How do you make seamless textures of items such as stone?

Of course trees don’t grow to make seamless boards.

1 Like

Extension: auto invisible layer can help with adding tags that will not appear in all existing scenes.

Better have seamless texture than stretch short texture to fill the model.

There are plenty evailable to download and if you need to have a custom one you’d use photoshop.

I guess that could be. That’s why my textures run between 8 and 14 feet long. That way I don’t need seamless textures for wood.

As far as I know you have access to wood so you can take photos and prepare your own textures, which is the best practice. But in case you don’t have, then you have to figure out something and seamless textures could be better alternative than stretching found online texture of 8" plank to fit 8’ board.