Line tool - continuous line not working?

Just a quick question:
Using the line tool I was able to draw a “continuous” line, meaning I click once, starting the line, click a second, third, fourht and so on time and there will be a line connecting the clicks.
But now I click once, start a line, and click a second time - ending the line. I have to click again to start another line and so on.

Anyone knows what is going on there? How can I change that?

Another question that just came to me: Is there a way to use the push-pull tool in a different direction than vertical to the plane the face is in?

try if toggling “Window > Preferences > OpenGL > Use Fast Feedback” helps.

No, no difference.

any new plugins installed?

Yes indeed, Chris Fullmer Center on origin, Zorro2 and Cleanup^3.

Preferences>Drawing. Make sure Continue line drawing is checked on.

For Push/Pull in some direction other than the normal of the face, just Vector Push/Pull which is part of the Joint Push/Pull extension by Fredo. Available from Sketchucation.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the answer on the second part! Nice. Sketchucation is different from the extension warehouse, right?

And for the line: None of the settings there made a difference. Still cannot draw a “continous” line.

Are you drawing across other geometry? Line drawing stops when you create a closed loop of edges. If you draw a line from one side of a face to another, you create a closed loop and line drawing will stop.

How about showing us what you are drawing and trying to do?

Yes. Sketchucation is different from the Extension Warehouse.

1 Like

Hey you’re right. I’m trying to follow this tutorial.
At 2:41 he finishes the line on top of the model and then selects the complete line.

With your help I just figured out that I was editing the model while drawing the line, instead I should have “unselected” the group and then draw the line on top of it.

Now I can draw a continuous line, thank you!

1 Like

Excellent! I was kind of going to go there next and suggest that you make a group or component and draw the lines outside of it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.