Layout won't respond when exporting to pdf

3519 B Funaro.layout (9.5 MB)
Layout 2020

Can’t figure out why it keeps “not responding” when I try to export or change pages.
It crashes when I try to export to a Jpeg.
Doesn’t do anything when I try to print to pdf either. Just locks up…

I’m not sure what to try next.

Thanks

Hmmmm… I opened your LO file in 2020, looked at each page to see that all the viewports were rendered and exported. It took 2 or 3 seconds to export.
3519 B Funaro.pdf (492.1 KB)

Is this the first time you’ve had this happen?

Where are you saving the exported PDF to?

I used to have quite a few problems of this kind with Layout before I upgraded to a more powerful computer. Changing the rendering to Hybrid was a favourite source of crashes. A lot of it was unpredictable. Some files were fine, or fine for a while, and then LO just seemed to decide arbitrarily not to play ball any longer.

Can’t say this is your problem as you don’t say in your profile what machine you are using. But it may have a bearing.

Just to my computer. I actually just got it to export. I got up from my computer and of course that’s when it happened. It’s taken me 2 hours of trying before it finally did it.
This is not the first time I’ve had this problem. I have a brand new computer and it seems to happen when I open an older file into Layout 2020.

Thanks for the insight. I have also found this to be true, no rhyme or reason to it.

Is there a switch in your chair connected to the computer? :crazy_face:

When you installed SketchUp and LayOut, did you right click on the downloaded installer and select Run as administrator?

Were you exporting to a directory on a local drive?