Layout shortcuts not remembering for Arc

I have set the ‘A’ key as a shortcut for Arc (radius) but Layout recognises this as a shortcut for a 2-Point Arc!

Setting another key or combination of keys produces the same result.

No matter how many times I set this Layout won’t remember.

I’ve even edited the shortcuts.xml file but everytime Layout starts it rewrites the xml file.

No other shortcuts appear to be affected…

I’m confused. The default keyboard shortcut for Tools/Arcs/Arc is A. There is no default shortcut for Tools/Arcs/2 Point Arc. I can make A the keyboard short cut for the 2-Point Arc and it’ll stick for me.

If you want it to be different than the default, what happens if you first remove the keyboard shortcut from its default assignment and then reassign it, will it stick?

And just in case we’re not defining the arc tools the same way, Arc sets the center of the arc then sweeps the angle. 2-Point Arc sets the the end points then the bulge.

@DaveR

Hi Dave, I’ve never found how to define Layout Shortcuts…

Can you help me here? :grin:

Edit>Preferences>Shortcuts.

Thanks! As a matter of fact, I think it’s the first time I’ve noticed those preferences there…

I’ve always hit rightclick on the toolbars and Customize… it has shortcuts there, but they don’t mean the same thing as they’re limited to modifier keys…

This should go to the duh thread…

1 Like

After ‘repairing’ the installation and endeavouring to get the shortcut to work, the default action of the Arc tool is now as Dave says it ought to be - set centre and sweep angle.

However, my recollection is that I’ve always had to set a shortcut as my default has always been 2 points then a bulge…