Layout page setup issues

Hi, I have another strange behaviour since upgrading to LO2020 with Mac OS Catalina. The Page Setup randomly changes page size and orientation. For example, I have an A1 landscape document with paper sized correctly in document setup. When I go to print settings I notice the page setup has jumped to A0 portrait. I change the page setup to A1 landscape and it changes to A1 landscape. Then change to A1 portrait, it changes to A1 landscape. See attached images…
![Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 1.17.02 pm|679x500](upload://da

wENyt2z6qUg66rJeygbubcigM.jpeg)

What happens if you leave the orientation in Print Settings alone? Will the page print as wanted? What happens if you export a PDF instead? Do you get the correct orientation?

Hello, my name is Ellliott and have been using sketchup/ layout for about 10 years. I recently upgraded to 21.1.331 and am having similar issues with page setup. I often use custom paper sizes so that I can control the margins and am finding that the selection does not stick. I will choose my paper size then close window, then print as pdf and find that the page setup changed somehow and the file is offset to the left. The same thing happens when I export as pdf. If anybody knows a work around I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you : )

If you are choosing a custom paper size, is it a size your printer has in it? What is this custom size?

Best process is to set the paper size in LayOut to match the size of the paper you are printing to. If you are printing to PDF instead of Exporting to PDF, you’re limited to the paper size specified in Page Setup. Export to PDF will create page sizes to match the paper size you choose in Document Setup.

This is not a work around in LayOut.

By the way, please complete your profile with SketchUp version and update the operating system if that has changed.

Thank you, the problems have disapeared with the current version (22.0.353) that I am using now.

I’m having the same issue. All our A3 templates and files are now set to A4 Portrait not A3 landscape. Strangely when I set the page setup back to A3 Landscape the page gets smaller and all out margins etc are off the page. What a mess. Gutted had a deadline tonight for a tender for a major project that will now be missed. Big thanks Trimble.

Any help greatly appreciated. Using 21.1.331 on a Imac.

So one day you everything was fine and one day it wasn’t…?

What has changed inbetween…?

You haven’t given this forum much to go on…

1 Like

Yikes. How do you save your templates? Did you use save as template? Just curious how that could possibly be overridden. I personally do not save as template. I simply save my templates in a folder outside of the program in my standards folder. When I start a new drawing, I simply open that file and save as. Just curious what could cause this sort of issue. I’ve never seen this in 2 decades using this software.