Layout Model shows black lines when exported to PDF

Hi,

When i export my sketch up model to PDF in layout black lines appear. Any ideas what could be causing this? They are not there when I import the model only when I export.

Had to tell with so little information. Share the LayOut file and the PDF you’re getting.

What version of SketchUp are you actually using? Your profile says “Free Plan” 2023 but that’s a web based version that doesn’t have LayOut.

test.pdf (377.2 KB)

sorry i dont know how to explain it. I have attached it hope that helps. I am using 2023 version.

A guess that the model is placed a long way from the origin. Share the LayOut file so we don’t have to guess.

If you have LayOut you must be using the Pro version then. Please correct your forum profile. That information helps us help you but only when you put the correct information in.

it wont let me upload the layout file.

Probably too large. Upload it to DropBox or We Transfer and share the link.

Hi ,

Please see the link: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

I’ll look at it while you fix your forum profile.

1 Like

My guess was correct. You model is situated at a huge distance from the origin.

I moved it closer to the origin. You’ll have to fix your scenes, though.

I also did a couple of my standard clean up steps.

Fixed incorrect tag usage.All edges and faces should be created and remain untagged.
Screenshot - 10_21_2023 , 2_56_45 PM

I also purged unused stuff from your model. There’s no reason to be hoarding unused components, materials, and styles…
Screenshot - 10_21_2023 , 2_57_38 PM

I also resized some of the remaining materials that are excessively large. All this reduced the file size by 87%.

Now even rendered as Hybrid the viewport is correct. You’ll want to adjust the camera position in the scene in the SketchUp model and update it so it shows exactly what you want.

Here’s the link to the LayOut file. Right click on the viewport and choose Open with SketchUp to access the SketchUp model I cleaned up.

thank you so much!!

You’re welcome. Now fix your profile.