Layout - drawing angled lines

HI
IS THERE A WAY IN LAYOUT TO DRAW A LINE AT A DEFIND ANGLE? LIKE 30 OR 45 DEGREES?
How do I set an angle to draw a line to?

A good place to start:

1 Like

@lukestar It’s not as easy as in SU. These are the two ways I would go about it:

1. Draw a line at the appropriate angle in a SU reference file used in the LO drawing (assuming there is one) and use that as a guide;

2. Use trigonometry. A 45 degree angle would obviously be 1:1 but you can easily work out ratios for other angles (opposite over adjacent equals tan). Draw horizontal and vertical lines corresponding to the ratio and join them with a hypotenuse line at the angle you wanted. Then just get rid of what you don’t need.

Hope that helps.

POSTSCRIPT

I actually think there is a strong case for having guide lines in LO that work just like they do in SU.

Simon, did you see my post and the screen shot from the Help article? You can indeed draw lines at angles in LayOut. And it isn’t difficult at all.

@DaveR Yes, I have just tried your method and I agree it is pretty simple. I would still prefer to have construction lines which would allow you to draw an elastic line without having to know length in advance. It would also make lining things up easier. I know LO uses a different way of doing that from SU but it would be more logical for it to have the same system IMO.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.