Layout doesn't print properly

When I move SU file to Layout it doesn’t print properly.

You need to gicve some specifics if you hope to get a solution to your problem. Upload the LayOut file so we can see it and tell us what you mean by “doesn’t print properly.”

Thank you for your response Dave.

Although I have been using Sketch up for years I have never used Layout or the forum so please forgive any “dumb” questions. What do you mean by uploading the file so “we” can see it? Where should I upload to?

Thank you,

Steve Mykytyn

N/A Sales Manager

smykytyn@pro1iaq.com
847-208-7566

[http://www.pro1iaq.com/images/compressed_images/PRO1_Logo01.png]

Not a dumb question. The upload button is 7th from the left in the row of icons across the top of the window where you type your message.

Thank you for your response Dave.
Although I have been using Sketch up for years I have never used Layout or the forum so please forgive any “dumb” questions. What do you mean by uploading the file so “we” can see it? Where should I upload to?
Gymnastics Room 1-2 animated.skp (755.5 KB)

OK, I think you have it. This is an old drawing I did in Sketch up pro 8 but am now using 16

Did you save the LayOut file, though? If so, could you upload it> And can you describe what you mean by it not printing properly? Maybe include a screen shot.

So i just uploaded a new drawing and saved it in Layout but now its telling me the file is too large to upload to you. Let me do a quick small drawing, load it into Layout and I will try to send you that.
Thank you so much for your support.

Test.layout (174.7 KB)

Here you go. This was drawn in 2016 SU Pro

OK. What do you mean that it doesn’t print properly?

So what happens is when you go to print preview, you can only see one corner of the entire template. (typically the upper left corner) It also prints that way as well.
I’m sure it is a setting…I just don’t know which ones.

You mean like this:

That’s because you’ve selected a paper size larger than your printer is set up to handle. In the example it is set to Arch D. See File>Document SetUp>Paper.

Change it to something like Letter size and resize the viewport or just pick a template that is sized such that your printer can handle it.

So when I tried to set for 11x17 (my printer supports) It says tabloid. Is this the right setting?

1 Like

Thank you for all of your help! I think I have it now

1 Like