LayOut 2018 Exported PDF is Distorted, Missing Items

Yes, I separated those components as well, you can see them in the Sketchup model scattered around. I need to make each component with dimensions for the shop to fabricate, like in the LayOut model I shared.

Do you have any recommendations for someone I can hire to break this apart for me and place in LayOut? My number is 240-200-4079.

Except they aren’t components in your model. They are just loose geometry.

You’ll do the dimensioning in LayOut.

I don’t have a specific recommendation. I can’t take on the job at this point. You could post a request in the commercial and collaboration category of the forum. Make sure whomever you hire is qualified and has a SketchUp Pro license. You’ll get bots and spammers and people who aren’t qualified to do the work responding.

By the way, you should edit your previous post and remove your phone number. This is a public forum and your phone number is probably already being harvested.

So can I turn those loose geometries into components? I’m trying to make this work with what I have cause I don’t have the time to start from scratch.

You can do that. It’s going to be a lot of work but it can be done… You’ll need to examine your dimensions for things to make sure they are correct. It seems that many things are not dimensioned appropriately.

It’s unfortunate that you weren’t given some time on the front end to learn how to use SketchUp correctly. This job would have taken you much less time than it already has if you had started with the correct workflow from the beginning.

I see that now. I’m only a beginner but can learn fast.
Thank you again for your help.

Take some time to go through the SketchUp stuff at learn.sketchup.com It would be time well spent.

Hi Dave,

I watched some of the videos and learned a lot, thank you!

What I did now is break the frame to components and grouped them together, than added it to a new LayOut model, but I can’t seem to find a way to break it into components like you said. Can you just point me to the right direction?

I have always had an issue with ONLY using SU scenes for your viewports. You can’t always know what the exact right orientation will be for your document, and going back to your model, adjusting it, saving, updating the reference, and then potentially doing that over and over doesn’t sounds like an ideal best practice to me…

You can adjust the camera position in LO instead if you’d rather. But you need to be aware that doing so can create all sorts of problems with things like dimensions and labels. I do somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 or 40 projects a year using Sketchup and LayOut and so far I haven’t ever found it a problem to set up scenes in SketchUp for my views. Fortunately you can do it however you like.

1 Like

Fair enough - and I am certain you likely just have your understanding of document angles understood to a degree I typically do not. For my brain, and within the context of organic modelling/landscape achitecture/site design, I invariably need to adjust many of my elevations and perspectives, and the previously described method is just a pain to me. The problems you mention are definitely understood, and really one of the main reasons I do not use LayOut for for anything more than construction guides.

And I’m just noticing this convo was 2 years ago… hahaha oh well, I typed it, so I’ll post it.

And as I wrote more than two years ago, it’s your choice.

Can’t be a high priority for you since it took you this long to even come back to this thread.