Label Suggestion

In my opinion labels in layout can be improved very much.

Here are my suggestions:

• Resize label dimension without modify the arrows (as said in other discussions).
  • Reinforce the link to the properties. Actually only dynamic component properties can be linked to the label (and the new properties added in the 2018 version), I suggest to link all component dictionaries property.
  • Change the shape of the label (circle, rounded rectangle), or build shapes with the text linkable to the properties.
2 Likes

Automatic labels could be good. My idea would be to show the names or codes of all components of a view automatically, selecting by layers.
For example: if I create a floor plan, in the layout, it would automatically show all the components of the layer “window” and show the names or codes of all of them, within a circle, in just one click.
It would suit all kinds of components, of course.

Need a leaderless label too…

1 Like

I think that automatic label are good, but I think very complicated to develop quickly.
In my opinion the first step should be a link between a table and a balloon.
But as mentioned above I think this would involve revolutionize the way the lists are managed in sketchup and layout.

Like this? Yes. It would be nice.

It’s already available.

3 Likes

Great. That would be enough for me. I would be able to do the window table with its caption without major problems.

We’ve had this discussion before.

It’s not like that. That is a transparent color on the label’s leader. That’s what I use already…

Try exporting it to CAD and see what happens. Try exporting a Layout file to CAD with hundreds of those and see what happens.

I am also always suggesting workarounds, but I too think that a straightforward and well designed application feature is better if available.

1 Like

My point exactly.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.