Automatically Adding Component call outs to layout

Hello,

I am building a model with various types of windows, doors, and other physical features that have been converted into dynamic components. I know that they can be called out once the model is sent to layout, however because there are so many it is very time consuming to go through and add a label to each component individually. Is there a better way to do this or have the labels for each component automatically generated? Also is there a way to get a summary (counts) of the components in Layout?

You can’t automatically create and distribute labels in LayOut. They can use the component description field as autotext but you would have to place the leaders and the text boxes. You could add the labels in SketchUp and add them into the component. Then all instances of the component would get the same label. They’d necessarily be in the same location relative to the geometry in the component which may or may not be a good thing for you.

As for a summary or count of the components, you can’t do that in LayOut but you can use Generate Report in SketchUp to create a report that could be inserted into the LayOut document.

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up creating callouts for the components in SketchUp but putting them all on a single layer that can be toggled on and off. It seems to work for what I need.

Happy to help and glad you found a way to do what you needed.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.