Keeping a solid face on cut throughs with section planes

I need to colour blocks in Sketchup and then cut through with section planes but this leaves a hollow internal, is there a way of keeping the solid colour on the cut plane as if block is solid colour/material? More importantly, this must also reflect through to layout. Any help would be most welcome. Totally new here in community so please bear with me if I’m not using correct protocols.

I’m not fumiliar with LO, so i’m not sure these will do the trick…

There are multiple extensions that could help you with section planes like EnerothFaceCreator(ExtensionWarehouse) …or SectionCutFace (SketchUcation).

1 Like

Thanks for this, will take a look.

Section cut fill? Section Planes - Square One

1 Like

I like TIG’s SectionCutFace for this. You can apply the same materials to the section faces that you used on the faces in the groups/components and it can be set up to automatically update the section cut face if you move the section cut.
scf

And they will be displayed just fine in LayOut.

2 Likes

Dear Dave, struggling with this, just cannot get it to work with SCF, tried all connotations but just doesn’t do it. I might also be flogging dead horse as I’m trying to get multi coloured section cuts to match the colours in my model, see attached, is this possible? Regards. Charlie

Dear all, struggling with this, just cannot get it to work with SCF, tried all connotations but just doesn’t do it. I might also be flogging dead horse as I’m trying to get multi coloured section cuts to match the colours in my model, see attached, is this possible? Regards. Charlie

wli-05e

Color by Tag
wli-05b

1 Like