Issues Exporting LO into Autocad (LT2019) on my PC

Got it! I will now try the export and see what happens.

1 Like

PS, the image looks nice

. MS looks really weird. See attached. Also, none of the annotation appears in model space. Is this how it is supposed to look?

How did you export the document? What file format? I just exported the second page here and opened it in Draftsight to get this. Zoomed way out so resolution is awful here.

.dwg format, all default settings. How did YOU export it? Is that PS or MS? And is item manipulable (I just made that word up) or is it like an image file?

Steve

I exported DXF and opened it in Draftsight. It’s not just an image file.

BTW, you should probably edit your previous post to remove your name and address. It’s also against forum policy to include that in your posts.

Hi Dave,

Good afternoon. The paper space view of the exported product is lovely. The linework and graphics are crisp and clear and everything is present. The problem remains in model space. None of the annotation that I previously applied in LO appears in model space. Does the export process treat the SU model as model space entities, and LO-added annotation as paper space entities?

Yes. I believe that’s the case.

You could experiment with ticking the box for Export for SketchUp and see if that gives you something like what you want. Everything will be model space, then.