Issue with lines. Certain lines are showing up in Raster, thinner but still there in hybrid and completely disappear in Vector

Issue with lines. Certain lines are showing up in Raster, thinner but still there in hybrid and completely disappear in Vector.

I am working on the recent 2018 Sketchup and layout.

I have created a model in sketch up with numerous layers and 1 main design layer.
I have created scenes with various styles to show a black and white plan, black and white plan with a survey showing (survey imported in DWG format) and a coloured plan.

Once in Layout I create 3 pages to show these 3 different plans and select either hybrid or vector. I cannot use raster as the line depth/darkness is weak and the titleblock shows up darker than the plan.

Unfortunately, sometimes single lines are acting very strange. As said in the title Issue with lines. Certain lines are showing up in Raster, then thinner but still there in hybrid and completely disappear in Vector. When I print in hybrid the line is so faint that you can barely see it.

Please can anyone shed some light on this?

Can you share the LayOut file so we can see what you are talking about? I expect there is a solution but seeing the file will make it easier to determine what that solution is. If you don’t want to share it publicly, send it via a private message. If it’s larger than 3 Mb, upload it to Dropbox and share the file link.

Hi DaveR. I have just this moment found a little overlap that was interrupting the surface and I think that was the problem as it is now showing up. Do you know if there a tool that I can use to show where errors occur to avoid having to zoom in an out of the model in search of the random line or infill?

I’m not sure what you mean by “overlap” Do you mean that you have multiple faces sharing the same space? If so, typically you can see them by orbiting the camera a bit. They will appear to shimmer or flicker. If it’s not that, maybe you could let me see your file so I can give you a better answer.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.