Introducing my plugin

Good morning to all of you. I want to present my plugin SPGears_mjg_plg_v2.2. This plugin draws all types of gears according to the parameters chosen on the menu. How do I go about it and who should I talk to?
Thank you for guiding me.

2 Likes

UPDATED (2020-10-11) - Guidelines are back online !

OK Thanks Dan

1 Like

Is that a same or improved version of this?
https://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=46319
https://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?listtype=1&author=0&category=0&search=gear&submit=%3F

Indeed dezmo this is a version that I have modified quite a bit and completed.

Why not renew your current entry in the SketchUcation PluginStore ?
Then you could post links to it here - and expand its exposure…

OK I’m going, thank you

I have problems creating a google account with the French resource. What am I supposed to do?

I don’t know. I’m not French, and I don’t know what a “French resource” is.
… and I don’t work for Google nor Trimble.

Your updated extension, when introduced on Extension Warehouse, would be easier to find if the Extension Warehouse search function gets fixed. I say “if” since it’s been more than 6 months since the problem has been reported, but SketchUp seems to burying their head in the sand, like an ostrich, hoping the problem will go away.

I use the term resource that is used to define languages in application facilities.
Would it be possible to contact the first author of the plugin, I named Mr. Mark Jason Grundman?

So… this is NOT your own work - but it’s an edited version of someone else’s code ??

So… is the original code ‘open-source’, which is allowing you to edit and redistribute it ??

If not you shouldn’t be publishing it at all !

You are not explaining yourself very well… please don’t publish anything until the basic question is resolved…

It is indeed an open source. I started from the part of the source that worked to make an improved and much more complete application. I can download the source code if you wish. You can also test it yourself by releasing the last line of code under the Skecthup API with a Ruby editor.

hi LE GALL,
under the other thread i downloaded your .rb file.
i zipped it and renamed the zipped file to .rbz, this used to work with 2017 Make, to recognise and install as extension.
have to use legacy zip compression (7-zip archiver also can do that).

it is, as with the original SPGears, that without convexify-ing it can not properly mesh in msphysics simulation.

Good day Likhanecz.
Excuse me, but I do not quite understand what you are saying or your question.