Intersect Faces and other Menu Items Greyed Out

New Update:

• I can reproduce it systematically on SU2021.1 WITHOUT any plugin loaded at around 130 right-clicks
  • in SU2020, with ALL plugins loaded, mine and many others, I DON’T get a gray-out even after 450 right-clicks.

So, definitely a problem with SU2021.1.

3 Likes

Thank you Fredo6!

Did you also disable the integrated plugins (Sandbox, Dynamic Components etc)?

Yes. Sandbox, etc… were disabled.

The more plugins you have, the quicker you’ll get the gray-out of contextual menu.

Apparently our Jira is getting a major update right now. When it has recovered I will check if there is a known issue, and otherwise log a new bug.

It’s faster to test on Mac, I can Ctrl-click at a fast pace. Even with a lot of extensions on the go it didn’t gray any menus, so it may be a Windows specific issue.

There should be an issue already in the cue. I initiated it.

Jira Issue created:
SKEXT-3121
Grayed-Out Context Menu Items

1 Like

Thanks, when I can get into the system I will add Fredo6’s screen recording.

Jira work finally finished. I attached the screen recording, and a link to Fredo6’s post.

This is Windows-only. And apparently a regression in SU2021.1.

And it seems that the problem is not present in Build 21.1.269.

Yep, I’m having this issue now for at least a couple of days. I thought it might be ‘Curic Space Tool’ as I have been using that via context click a lot lately, whereas most other commands I am using either shortcuts or toolbar buttons

Hi Colin, what is the ETA on this being fixed ?

Ok, getting very tired with context items being greyed out after so many clicks.
(as i restart sketchup … again)
I thought the new subscription model was going to result in faster update cycles, and an increased ability to fix problems in Sketchup.
It is frustrating there is no transparency about if / when something so fundamentally important to basic operation is going to be fixed.
I ask again … is there an ETA on this being addressed ?

I’ve also been experiencing this “grayed out” phenomenon with the latest SU Pro 2021 update.

From another thread:

The cause of this has been found in the SU code. Big thanks for reporting this! :+1:

4 Likes

Just wanted to bump this thread, because I am soooooooooooo frustrated with restarting Sketchup dozens of times a day, just so I can continue to use context click menu commands.

Of an 8 hour day, I think I lose almost an hour waiting for sketchup to restart (exacerbated by sketchup saying the file is locked when I reopen, so I need to open as read only and save with a new name each time, a problem more likely to do with my cloud backup software)

Like many users of Sketchup here on the forum I use Sketchup in a professional capacity all day most days. I pay a pro subscription, because I expect a PRO product. This is really a handicap to productivity.

Stuff is happening as we speak! It takes a bit of time to test changes to avoid introducing more bugs before we let them out to meet the world.

2 Likes

Hmm…secret squirrel talk for an imminent upgrade?

Any sign of a fix soon SU Team? I’ve only started experiencing this issue in the last few days but it is very inconvenient having to restart SU many times a day!

https://help.sketchup.com/en/release-notes/sketchup-desktop-202112

1 Like