Developers please help - 2 years later and some menu items grey out after period of time:

Here’s a shot of my right-click context menu.

1 Like

Hey, just an update,
I made it all day with having to restart Sketchup because of grayed out menus. Much thanks to Curic for jumping on this and figuring it out.

You know what’s crazy, I’m actually going through the same thing. I am honestly starting to wonder if curics recall plugin update made the difference? I don’t know how or why it would though, since I’ve never downloaded curic recall until recently, but for 2 years prior to this thread I’ve been having the greyed out problem. So what happens now, if curic recall update fixed all of this greyed out menu stuff, if I uninstall curic recall command do I have the problem back? It would be great to hear from @curic4su on this, did you get my other message too earlier in this thread Curic? Would appreciate some guidance and feedback.

Man would this be cool if curic had solved the problem, so far it looks like the recall plugin update has actually solved it though, because yea I haven’t had the greyed out menu problem all day yesterday since his update… If that’s the case though, I think it would be great if you could fix your other plugins too @curic4su , the dio plugins are making a lot of sketchup files crash for a lot of different users. Again, it would also be great to hear back from you on this.

You should be able to switch it on and off at will using the Extension Manager. No need to unintsall.

Fair enough and good idea. Was also curious though what happens if I uninstalled it… Everyone with the greyed out menu problem needs to download the curic recall plugin now ha…

I actually uninstalled ‘Recall’…(I just haven’t gotten into using it…)…and so far so good. :+1:

I will say that many of Curic’s plugins have become an indispensable part of my workflow. (couldn’t survive without ‘Stretch’ or ‘Align View’…just to name a couple.)

I love his plugins. I have been using them for a long time. I’m just not pleased with the lack of customer service (it’s rare that he responds to my messages when I’ve had issues with his plugins over the years.)

I’m not sure, you can run my above code to check if there are other plugins that can cause this problem.

Thank you for responding.

I think if you have in fact fixed this with your plugin, can you do the same thing to your other plugins now?

As for my other question, is it possible to make the dio tools package more safe to use? - The dio tools (stretch, dio, chalk line and extend) make many users sketchup files crash, did you have plans to fix this, or can you fix this?

@curic4su it looks like your code has fixed the problem. Thank you! I really appreciate you fixing this problem. So far I have not had the greyed out menu items anymore. That leads me to wonder if you could somehow fix this for your other plugins, or do I have to make sure to keep the recall plugin installed?

Please let me know, will wait for your response.

Edit: Hey @curic4su , any updates on my question?

Update on this issue:

Fredo has determined that this problem is not with any plugins and in fact sketchup, I would agree after doing some tests and discussing this with him. I’ve messaged sketchup about the specifics, hopefully this gets resolved.

1 Like

The forum already knows

Not necessarily ...

Not necessarily. I only follow certain categories (and mute all others.)
I am not following that particular topic nor category, but I am following this category.
So his update I found informative.

You mean, that forum already knows, lol… Thanks though.

The cause of this has been found and SU staff is looking into it. :+1:

4 Likes

Great to see a response from the Sketchup team, thanks for taking the time to give some customer service.

Any update on this subject?

The update is that the developers have said that an update is on its way.

1 Like

Any update as of January 2023?

Thanks!

Any fix would happen in the next release of Sketchup, not in previously released versions.