Intel UHD Graphics card, will sU 2021 run on the card?

Please can someone help… will the Intel UHD Graphics card work with sketch Up 2021… Im going mad trying to find a way for someone at sU to advise me?

Not recommended.

2 Likes

Thank you… ill stick to an Acer Aspire Nitro i was looking at 2 in 1 az i use trace for colouring planz… and az you can zee my current Acer Azpire v15 nitro haz a broken key “z”

In general integrated graphics cards have never been recommended for SketchUp. Some people manage to get by but there have been plenty of reports of problems associated with the drivers, especially for Intel GPUs. Windows updates are notorious for including broken Intel graphics drivers. It used to be that about once a month, the day or two after a Windows update, there would be a rash of reports from users indicating that the suddenly could get SketchUp to work. Rolling back the graphics drivers or updating directly from Intel would fix it for awhile.

1 Like

thank you DaveR

1 Like

I would say if you already have a laptop with UHD graphics it might be worth trying it. If you can open SketchUp without crashing, but have screen artifacts, try switching off Fast Feedback on the Window menu>Preferences>OpenGL dialog, and restarting SketchUp. If you are planning to buy a computer, look for a model with discreet graphics, preferably Nvidia.

2 Likes

HP Pavilion Gaming 17-cd1007na Full-HD Laptop - NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 Ti decided bezt play zafe…

1 Like

Should be OK.
Edit:Took a look at the proposed specs; 8GB memory is on the low side today, would recommend at least 16.

2 Likes

True… well spotted thank you all.