Incorrect Export to IFC tree

A bug related to the export to IFC, he is incorrect:
1 the Hierarchy is not inherited from the model: in the project two components Site1, Site2 in Ifc is exported only Site1, Site2 disappears
2, the Hierarchy is not inherited from model: 4 project component Building 1, Building 2, Building 3, Building 4 Ifc export only all coponent Building3 Floor1.1…4.2 as child although it’s not right
3 for some reason the component name “Site1” is replaced with the name “Default Site”
4 the “Composition Type” parameter is exported with the “ELEMENT” value and must be “Partial”
`indent preformatted text by 4 spaces
IFC 2х3.skp (413.6 KB)
IFC 2х3.ifc.txt (44.6 KB)

Check this post:

Screenshot_2

Yes, you posted that screenshot allready, there still are some flaws with the native export, try this one:

Tested your plugin SketchUp-IFC-Manager 2.0.1 very much
Found a feature of the plugin it correctly makes the export work when there are groups on the other layers are turned off the idea he should ignore them but this is not happening he is trying to xparticular all components and groups on the disconnected layers

Do not use groups, use components instead, you can add more attributes via dynamic components attributes

Project name is not exported

Do not use special charcaters like '&' to test attributes.
Use some alpha-numeric characters like "Test Project 1".

Project name is not exported

It is @brewsky’s (Jan Brouwer’s) plugin.

And the latest version is 2.1.1.

To file issues and bugs go here …

Issues · BIM-Tools/SketchUp-IFC-Manager · GitHub

1 Like

I think you have multiple ifc-sites?
Use one project at the time.

The name of the IfcProject contains the name of the IFC file.

1 Like

Yes, I have 1 project 2 sites in each of 2 buildings each has 2 floors

Yes, thanks Dan!
Please report any issues you find on Github, that makes it much easier to manage and fix them!

2 Likes

Yes, correct, version 2.1.1 only takes the IfcProject name and description from the SketchUp Model itself, it ignores properties set on a component classified as IfcProject.

I just released a little fix (version 2.1.2: Releases · BIM-Tools/SketchUp-IFC-Manager · GitHub) that takes name and description from (one of) IfcProject component(s) if these are present in the model, if not present than it uses the Model name and description, if Model name is also empty than it uses “Default Project” and “Description of Default Project”.
This seems to work OK for me. If anyone has any problems, please let me know(preferably using Github issues :wink: Issues · BIM-Tools/SketchUp-IFC-Manager · GitHub)

Cheers!
Jan

1 Like

Projectname is fixed in version 2.1.2, but I noticed that CompositionType is still an issue. I will look into that as soon as I have some spare time! Thanks for pointing it out!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.